Sunday, October 12, 2008

Menu Monday 10/13-10/19

Hum... Fall is here.  And with it a crazy schedule.  We are hardly at home all this month, hence my spotty blogging.  Sorry.  Nonetheless, we do still have to eat and there are some wonderful flavors that I am anxious to try out.  The flavors of fall: pumpkin, ginger, chai, soups and stews. A warm bowl of stew after a morning out or stacking wood.  

I think meal planning for me is such a joy because my kids are good eaters.  After making homemade chicken noodle soup last week, I discovered that my 9 month old's favorite part was the broth.  We piled noodles and veggies on her tray, but she kept clamoring for my husband and I to feed her broth.  We are so lucky.

So while both of the kids want soup, the men (my husband and our roommate) want hardy.  The balance is finding something hardy and tasty that doesn't require a lot of meat and is still healthy.  Our roommate also commented that he didn't think he'd ever like beans.  But with the variety that I've built into our meal planning, he's coming to appreciate them.  I guess it's that or starve as our menu last week included: Lentil Tacos, Chili and the hope of making Pea Soup, although I didn't get to it.

Let's hope this week's menu goes over as well.
 
Breakfasts:
Scrambled Eggs and Toast
Blueberry Muffins
Oatmeal
Cereal and Fruit

Lunches:
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Fruited Jello
Steamed Veggies

Dinners:
Monday:  Mom's here... Pumpkin Patch... hum???  In N Out???
Tuesday: No Potluck this week:  Hum... Crockpot Moroccan Lentil Soup
Wednesday: Lentil Tacos
Friday: Baby Girl and I at a Women's Retreat
              Daddy and Big Boy at a wedding
Saturday:  Baby Girl and I at a Women's Retreat
                   Daddy and Big Boy will have Pancakes... Daddy's specialty
Sunday: Vietnam Fried Rice, steamed veggies

1 comment:

Sea said...

Hi! Hope you enjoy the chai muffins! :)

-Sea

Related Posts with Thumbnails