Thursday, July 8, 2010

Walking in Rhythms of Grace

I don't know that I truly have a "favorite" Bible verse.  Different verses speak to me during different seasons of my life.  Some are joyful.  Some are encouraging.  Some are mournful and put words to how I feel.

Lately I've been meditating on the words of Matthew 11:28, particularly in the Message translation:

 28-30"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."


I love having rhythms in my life.  There's a scheduled laundry day in our house, days that we go to the pool, routines for going to bed, rhythms for how our house flows.  I love it.  This verse definitely speaks my language.


Walk WITH me...


Work WITH me...


WATCH...


I've been thinking about doing a series of posts from women in my life who have walked through difficulties and learned the "Rhythms of Grace."  Hubby and I were brainstorming names and scenarios this weekend and I've gotten very excited about it.  I'm putting together details, still praying about it, and emailing gals over the next couple of weeks.  Hope to have it up after school starts.


What verse speaks to you?


*Linked to Kelly's Korner.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails