Monday, September 5, 2011

Happy Labor Day--A Baby Story


Hee, Hee,... get it?  LABOR Day?  While we're all out enjoying our day off and celebrating the end of summer, I thought it would be fun to take a look back and share our labor stories.  What do you think?  Here's a few questions about the one of the most memories days of our lives:

Pregnancy cravings:
Noah-I had a red food craving--bell peppers, strawberries, watermelon, tomatoes

Lydia-Oh, I was sick so I just wanted comfort food--mashed potatoes, bread, peanut butter

When did you go into labor:
Noah-I went into labor on my due date (late at night-Oct 11) and labored at home on the 12th.  I finally went to the hospital at about 7-8 cm that afternoon.

Lydia-Lydia was a repeat C-section so I didn't labor with her.  But I was trying on the elliptical and track.

How long was labor:
Noah-Who really knows?  I could say days, but it wasn't hard labor.  In the end, I pushed for two hours, but he was face up and came out C-section.

Lydia-No labor.  Just a C-section to recover from.

Who was there at the hospital:
Noah-Daddy, Grandma, Great-Grandma, Papa Gene and Auntie Sharon, Jason and Amber (friends) and Tamy (friend)

Lydia-Grandma, Great-Grandma, Noah, Papa Gene and Auntie Sharon

Time of birth:
Noah-2:18 am

Lydia-7:55 am

Weight and length:
Noah-7 lbs 4.4 oz, 21 3/4 inches

Lydia-6 lbs 13 oz, 19 1/2 inches

Hospital food:
I don't remember much of it.  Mostly liquids after surgery.  But I do remember saving my jello and cranberry juice for Noah when I was in the hospital after having Lydia.

Coming home:
Noah-We came home to our apartment and were so excited have our little guy finally here. Oh, the luxury of the first child and naps.

Lydia-Again we brought her home to the apartment.  It was Christmas Eve and we had our most precious gift home.

What was your Labor Day like?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails