Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Muddle

Well, Happy New Year, Everyone!

I hope everyone had a safe and happy New Year. Did you have a fun weekend?

We spent the weekend in Sacramento visiting family for the holiday. Kids everywhere, but I have to laugh that the majority were mine. I made it till midnight, but just barely. There was tons of great food as every New Year's celebration should have. And I need to start hitting hard on the weight loss again. To date, I'm 8 pounds down which isn't half bad putting the holidays into the equation.

We received a foster baby just a few days before Christmas. He's such a cutie at 3 months old and we're having a lot of fun getting to know his personality. Very excited for this chapter of our journey. For legal reasons I can't post pictures, but take my word for it. He is adorable.

So things have definitely changed in our house over the past couple of weeks. New baby. Visiting family. And still another week of Christmas vacation for the kids. We've got some fun things planned for the next couple of days and I'm excited to spend it with my littles.

What else is going on?

Here's our menu for the week:

Breakfasts:
Pancakes
Orange Smoothies and toast
Oatmeal and bananas

Lunches:
Peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
Green salads
Carrot sticks, string cheese, and apples

Dinners:
Monday: Potato Bar
Tuesday: Taco salad
Wednesday: Aztec Chicken
Thursday: White Turkey Chili
Friday: Pizza night
Saturday: Parm Encrusted Tilapia
Sunday: tortellini Soup

Projects I'm working on this week:
Spending lots of time with the kids
Kid's craft projects
Chore cards

Don't forget the 2012 Goals link up coming up tomorrow.
I love setting goals in Jauary and can't wait to see what you come up with as well.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Congratulations on the foster baby! We're so excited for you guys! What a wonderful Christmas addition. =] Love your goal list for 2012, too! Mark and I will be working on this later this week.

Related Posts with Thumbnails