Sunday, January 8, 2012

Monday Muddle

Hey everyone,
How was your weekend?  2012 is here already and we're even into the second week.  Crazy!

Our weekend was busy and rough.  Seems my kids are ending the end of their Christmas break and we're all running a little low on patience.  Despite keeping consistent bed times and meal times, everyone seems a little wore out and ready to get back into the routine of school.  Today's the last day of break and  I'd like to do something fun with them, so I've got my thinking cap on.  Any bright ideas?

We finally took down our Christmas tree this weekend.  Am I the only one who's sad to see it go?  It always feels so final.  Having to wait another year for Christmas to come around.  My rule in the past has  been to wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate, but I found stuff that I didn't even have time to decorate with this year.  Next year, I might have to break my own rule and start early.  The outside lights are still up, but that's ok with me.  I personally wouldn't mind using them all year.  They're just cheery.  What would you think of the crazy lady down the street who still turns on the Christmas lights in July?

Kids go back to school on Tuesday.  Little Man needs to get his pictures taken this weekend, and MOPS is Thursday morning.  Plus I'm looking for a birthday present for my niece.  Any ideas for a one year old?  The routine will be nice, but it seems like routine is always busy.  I'm beginning to believe that a balance, simple life is a myth.

Well, I'm off and running, chasing three littles.  What does your week look like?

Our Menu this week:

Dinners:
Monday: Taco Soup
Tuesday: Chicken Noodle Soup
Wednesday: Fancy Grilled Cheese and salad
Thursday: Korean Beef Soft Tacos
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Tomato Soup
Sunday: Black Bean Soup

Extras:
Nutella cupcakes
Chewy Granola bars

Projects I'm working on this week:
Family values canvas
Scrapbooking July and Aug photos
Valentine art/snack idea
Family mail boxes for V-day notes

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails