Sunday, January 15, 2012

Monday Muddle


Hey everyone,
How was your weekend?  Did you do anything fun?  Or did you just relax at home and enjoy the family?

I say it every week.  Where does the time go?  The boys were out of our house on Friday night so Lydia and I had our movie night with a super girlie Strawberry Shortcake movie.  It was fun to just be at home with her.  When she gets a chance, there's some really interesting insight that comes out of that little girl.

Saturday was spent doing household chores.  Truth be known, I'm not sure where that day went.  My hubby and I worked around the house and the kids played well together.  Lydia and I did a little baking. We found a fantastic recipe for homemade chocolate cupcakes that I want to share with you soon.  They would make the perfect dessert for Valentine's Day.

I'm reminded every week as I write this post how important it is to live every moment.  The days feel long around here with three little ones.  I often feel as though there's not enough of me to go around.  But at the end of every week, I look back and wonder why I didn't capture every moment.  Why did I spend time on the internet on Saturday morning instead of with my kids?  Why did I worry about that phone call that could have been made during nap time?  Where in the day did I spend time with my husband?

It's a continual balancing act and one that I'm fighting to advance in.  I know we'll never be perfect this side of heaven, but I'm committed to striving forward.  My kids are growing too quickly and time seems to slip between my fingers.  MUST LIVE AS THOUGH MY MOMENTS MATTER.

Whoa, who know all that was going on in my brain?  Swirling thoughts for a Monday morning.  Anyways... here's our menu for the week:

Monday--White Turkey Chili
Tuesday--Korean Beef Soft Tacos
Wednesday--Potato Soup
Thursday--Pea Soup and bread
Friday--Pizza Night
Saturday--Hamburgers, ???, and salad
Sunday--Aztec Turkey

Projects I'm working on this week:
Finish God's Story, Your Story
Chore cards
Christmas card book
Family Rules Canvas
Finish hanging photos
Plan Great-Grandma's birthday
Clean off dresser tops

What are you doing this week?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails