Sunday, January 29, 2012

Monday Muddle


Hey Everyone,

How was your week?  What did you do?

Ours was full.  I guess you can't have three kids and not have a full life.  Volunteering in a second grade classroom, teaching letters to my preschooler, bonding with a 4 month old, and generally trying to be on time for appointments and failing miserably.  I don't think I'll ever be on time again.

Saturday was crazy.  The kids came down and helped clean the church before my hubby took Noah on the homeless outreach.  It's fun to hear how a six year old interprets reaching out to the homeless.  Everything is so mellow in Noah's world, but I can tell he's processing all the time.  Lydia had a birthday party that afternoon and we did family movie night.  Have you watched those old Disney movies with your kids yet?  We checked out Gus from the library for the second time and my kids love it!  They laugh constantly.

Sunday was normal, thankfully.  Homework, grocery shopping, church... normal family life.  I can handle that kind of crazy a lot better than being out of the house all the time.  The kids are growing up and sometimes it just feels like life is getting in the way of just being together.  Or it could be the fact that they take life at 100 mph.

I was reminded this week that I have to be more intentional with my preschooler.  She's the only girl, the quietest, and gets lost in the shuffle if I don't take special notice.  So I did a little planning last night and am going to try to do a specific activity with her each day.  So hard to believe she's already four.  And then again, when she opens her mouth, it's hard to believe she's only four.

So that's what's going on at our house.  What's going on in your world?

Breakfasts:
Oatmeal and fruit
Cold cereal
Frozen Waffles
Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake

Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches
Salad in a Jar
Quesadillas
Cucumber Wraps
Carrot sticks, string cheese, fruit

Dinners:
Monday: Pasta e fagoli, french bread
Tuesday: Date Night
Wednesday: Lentil Tacos
Thursday: Crockpot Orange Chicken, brown rice
Friday: Staff Meeting
Saturday: Homemade Pizza
Sunday: Hamburgers, Avocado Lime Pasta Salad

Extras:
Nutter Butter Truffle Cupcakes

Projects I'm working on this week:
Finish review book
Scrap t-ball photos
Work on Family Values Canvas

Posts coming up this week:
DIY Experiment--Homemade Dishwasher Detergent
Meal Planning 101: Lunches and Breakfasts
While You're Waiting
Valentine's Ideas

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails