Sunday, April 22, 2012

Monday Muddle

So this was a crazy weekend for us.  In fact, I'm just sitting down now to get some writing done for this week and I'm not sure how I'm going to get it all done.  Life is busy.

I woke up Friday morning feeling so sick.  I called my husband to see if he could get off work a little early, but he was stuck.  So I pulled together all my strength to take Noah to school and the baby to a Dr's appointment.  By the time I got home, I was beat.  The rest of the day was a blur for me.  Luckily, my husband was awake enough from working all night and took care of the kids.  Family movie night was fun.  We watched Herbie Goes Bananas.  My kids love those old Disney movies.

Saturday morning I felt so much better and we got so much done.  My husband got tires on the car then took the kids out front to wash both cars.  I worked on a bunch of laundry and planted a ton of vegetables.  I'm hoping the spot I picked for the pumpkins will work.  Noah had a T-ball game that afternoon and later we went to a friend's birthday party.  It was a fun day, but oh, we were exhausted.  I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie with my hubby.

Sunday was much of the same: homework, kids, housework.  I can hardly believe the weekend flew by so quickly.  What ever happened to those long luxurious weekends of lounging in my jammies?  Oh, yeah, those disappeared with my waistline.  We're busy packing and making last minute surprises for the kids this week.  I guess what doesn't get done just won't get done.  But oh, that's hard for a perfectionist like me.  Pray for me.  :-)

Here's our menu for the week:

Breakfasts:
Oatmeal and bananas
Chai overnight oatmeal
Oat porridge with berries
Toast and smoothies

Lunches:
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sammies
Wraps
Salads in a jar
String cheese, carrots and dip, fruit

Dinners:
Monday: Crockpot Honey Sesame Chicken, brown rice
Tuesday: Spinach Calazone, green salad
Wednesday: Chicken Salad Wraps, snacks (T-Ball game)
Thursday: Grilled Veggie Sammies, pea salad, green salad
Friday: Taco Salad, fruit pops
Saturday: Potato Bar, green salad
Sunday: on the road

Extras:
Fruit pops
Homemade Pineapple Blizzards

Making for the road:
Peanut butter cookies
Banana Nutella muffins

Projects I'm working on this week:
Finishing T-shirts
Finishing book
Packing!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails