Apple Cider Doughnut Holes
adapted from Feastie
makes approximately 36 mini muffins/"donut holes"
- 1 c. white flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. brown sugar
- 2/3 c. apple butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 c. honey
- 1/2 c. apple cider
- 1/3 c. plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, 1/4 c. sugar, 1Tbsp cinnamon
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, combine all wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into dry mixture.
- Use a cookie scoop to fill muffin pan. Obviously we over filled our tin. But they were yummy still. Bake for 10-12 min and cool.
- Melt butter. Brush donut holes lightly with the butter and dip into sugar/cinnamon mixture. OR... dust with powdered sugar.
These are so yummy! I made them for breakfast while we had company. But the kids got ahold of them the night before and dug in. We had a couple for dessert and I had a hard time staying out of them for the rest of the night. Perfect way to celebrate the beginning of fall!
Do you have any favorite apple recipes?
*Linked to these Parties