Friday, November 22, 2013

2013 November Bookmarks


IMG_9390_zps9a7d5a53
*Bookmarks is an online book club hosted at Creative2xmom. Here we discuss the books we've read in the past month as well as the suggested reading. Our suggested reading for November was Steady Days by Jamie Martin.

These are the books I read this month:

Women Living Well by Courney Joseph-- See my review here.


Adventure Bible Storybook-- See my review here.


A Home for my Heart by Anne Mateer-- See my review here.


Our suggested reading for November was Steady Days by Jamie Martin--  Matin has long since been one of my favorite blogs and I frequently find myself nodding my head as I read both Steady Mom and Simple Homeschool.  While the philosophy behind this book is a lot of what you'll read on her blog, she also fleshes it out with some practical ideas as well.  How to implement a learning board in your home, how to continue learning with a scrapbook of ideas, and how to structure your day toward professional motherhood.  The back of the book is filled with worksheets to help all of us in structuring our own days as well.  For a long time, my own goal has been to elevate motherhood to professional statue, giving it the same time and energy that I would any other job.  This book offers the encouragement needed for all of us to see the value in what we do and how to keep growing in our field.  This is a great book for first time moms and a good reminder for the rest of us.

So what are your bookmarks this month?

Tell us in the comments about the books you're chewing on. Or link up a review from your own blog. Let's share the books we're finding, good and bad. And give us your thoughts on From Frumps to Pumps by Sarah Mae.

And join us Dec 20th as we discuss Growing Grateful Kids by Susie Larson. And be on the lookout for 2014's Bookmark Book List coming soon.  Can't wait to see you then.

*Linked to these Parties

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails