Thursday, March 27, 2014

101 Bible Stories from Creation to Revelation {Review}


We love Bible storybooks in this house.  As a parent of three, I'm always looking for new ways to keep the Bible fresh and relatable for my 8, 6, and 2 year olds.  So when this one came up for review, I was excited to check it out.

The first thing I noticed was that this Bible storybook was beautiful bound and the hardcover was really nice.  The stories included contain some of the most well-loved such as the creation story, the serpent's lie, Noah builds an ark, and Baby Moses.  There are also a few stories that are less commonly included such as water in the desert, the centurion's faith, and Thomas has doubts.  Each of the stories had enough detail to make it accurate, but short enough to keep a young child's attention.  And they are written at a younger reading level so kid's can start investigating the Bible on their own.  

Additionally, the illustrations in this storybook were beautiful.  I was really impressed with how the pictures popped as their own pieces of artwork.  They were really very nice.

The Scripture reference is included along with each story for further study.  And as a parent I love this.  It gives me a great place where we can go to answer questions and really bring the story full circle.  In a lot of ways, this Bible Storybook surpassed my expectations.  My personal opinion is that this would make a wonderful gift to read to a small child or for an independent reader learning to read the Bible on their own.

*Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this book for review.  All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails